Supporting B Street’s Move Fund
While many know B Street Theatre as a premiere, professional theatre producing lively and thoughtful for Sacramento’s adult community, we are also a not-for-profit organization that brings the joy of live theater to children in nearly every single county in Northern California.
To do so, the B Street Theatre School Tour performs 12 times per week, 38 weeks a year for over 200,000 children in schools, hospitals and public places. For many children, the B Street Theatre School Tour is their first experience of live theatre.
To deepen the child’s understanding of playwriting we hold workshops in schools to encourage creative thinking, literacy, writing instruction, and problem solving. In 2016 alone schools, eager to supplement students’ learning, programmed over 360 B Street playwriting courses as did many after school programs, the Sacramento Adult Day Reporting Center, and Sutter Memorial’s Anderson Luchetti Children’s Center.
To better serve our region’s children, we are currently under construction for the new B Street Theatre at 28th & Capitol Avenue in Midtown Sacramento. The building will feature the one-of-its-kind 365-seat Sutter Children’s Theater, the new 250-seat Mainstage Theatre, and 3 large classrooms. Construction is on schedule, and walls are going up on what will be an intimate and beautiful gem for the Sacramento region’s art scene.
But transitioning to the new building will be costly, and in preparation for the move we must:
• Add essential staff to effectively manage the new theater and grow artistic and educational programming.
• Pay for the actual move itself including the transportation and installation of lighting fixtures, furniture, and office equipment.
• Purchase additional items necessary for the new theater such as catwalk equipment, new ticket printing machines, classroom and shop equipment, and much more.
So, we ask you to consider supporting the move at one of the following levels in either a donation or as part of a pledge.
Any Gift in Any Amount Helps!
- Night Out On Us! 2 Free tickets and 2 free drink vouchers!
- Invitation to Special Receptions + Night Out On Us!
- Your Name on a Brick + Special Receptions + Night Out On Us!
- Your Name on a Seat in the Proscenium Theatre! + Special Receptions + Night Out On Us!
- Dinner at the construction site with B Street Theatre Acting Company! + Your Name Engraved on a Star! + Special Receptions + Night Out On Us!
- A performance by our actors at a private event of your choice: birthday, anniversary or office party! + Dinner at the construction site with B Street Theatre Acting Company! + Your Name Engraved on a Star! + Special Receptions + Night Out On Us!
In addition, numerous Naming Rights are available at the new B Street Theatre!
Donate online and join the B Street theatre’s Move Fund today!
B Street Theatre is a 501(c)(3) Public Charity
(Incorporated under the name “Theatre for Children, Inc.”)
For more information on supporting our Move Fund, or to purchase a brick, seat or star, please contact Garrett McCord at (916) 443-5391 x113 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org